Friday, April 1, 2011

New Month, New Entry




I was blessed to grow up in a house full of music. Although neither my mother or father played an instrument, they loved to listen to music of all kinds. In our home, Harry Belafonte met Aida, Mitch Miller sang alongside Peter, Paul, and Mary, and the great Russian composers followed the Singing Nun. Instrumental, vocal, ethnic, operatic, folk,contemporary, or classical, it didn't matter.We heard it all, and I am thankful for that legacy.


As a parent I have tried to pass this rich musical heritage on to my children. They have grown up listening to all kinds of music, and each has had the opportunity to play an instrument. Their tastes are eclectic and I am glad.



Thank you mom and dad. And mom, you were right; I did grow up to love opera, just like the two of you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOfC9LfR3PI

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright ©
Wall Street, Journaled