Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ever Have One of Those Days? Every Day?

You know how it goes.Your day is rolling along; you think you're doing a good job handling yourself. You think you are in control of your thoughts, your emotions, and your mouth. Then something happens--does it really  matter what that something is?--and you find yourself doing the very thing you swore you wouldn't do, or saying the thing you shouldn't say, or feeling stuff all out of proportion to what is going on. Happened to me today, at the end of the day. But it doesn't really matter where or when. It matters that it happened. And once again I have sinned, after telling myself I wouldn't do that thing again. Forgive me Lord. Thank you for your son, Jesus, who delivers me even in my weakness. And thank you for second chances. Your mercies are new every morning...


     " We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin.  I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.  And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good.  As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me.  For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.  For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing.  Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me.  For in my inner being I delight in God’s law;  but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me.  What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death?  Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
Romans 7:14-25

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright ©
Wall Street, Journaled