Sunday, June 26, 2011

Poke Redux

Remember these? 


A couple of months ago I posted pictures of the little poke army that was trying to take over the flower garden space in front of my house. I declared war on the unwelcome interlopers and proceeded to yank up any pokeweed that dared to spread it green leafy crown. I yanked and I yanked and I yanked...

Every time I went outside to do something, whether it was to take the dogs on their potty breaks or to work in the yard, I stopped long enough to evict yet another poke plant.

But the poke army is relentless.

Granted, I have stemmed the largest invasions, but I have not won the war. Still, I will soldier on. Perhaps, by fall, there will be no more little poke plants to pick. Perhaps. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright ©
Wall Street, Journaled