Sunday, May 1, 2011

What a Wretched Man I Am!

"What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?  Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!" Romans 7: 24-25



Lord, what a wretched woman I am! Every single day I fail to be the person I should be in you. I take one shaky step forward and stumble backward into the mud. My mouth utters blessings and curses, my heart is full of conceits and deceits, my mind strays from the righteous path like a stumbling drunkard. I am slothful, unmindful, hardened, unfocused, ungracious, and unloving--and that's before lunch!


Yet you love me anyway. You sent your Son to save me anyway. And  you tell me that your mercies are new every  morning. As long as the sun rises and I draw breath,  I have a new day, and in it, your tender care. What is man that you are mindful of him? Who am I that you are aware of me? 


Thank you these gifts--freely given, without strings. Thank you for the love that abides, forgives, restores. 
When I look at what I can accomplish, I feel so discouraged and defeated. Satan rejoices in my defeat. But when I ask you to help me, with your mercies new every morning, I feel a sense of wonder, even as I struggle. You have already won and Satan is defeated. 


Who will rescue me?


Thanks be to God--- I am rescued through Jesus Christ my Lord.











0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright ©
Wall Street, Journaled